Manufacturing Skills Training Scholarship
Residents* of Elk Grove and Rancho Cordova qualify for the following scholarship benefits:
- Free tuition
- Book & material fees covered
- Transportation stipend
- Placement bonus available
*Must live in Elk Grove or Rancho Cordova City limits to receive scholarship benefits
Federal Financial Aid
Steps to Apply
- Go to www.studentaid.gov.
- Fill out the form using our school code of 009509 where applicable.
- Upon successful submission, you will receive a confirmation page. PRINT THIS PAGE FOR YOUR RECORDS.
- After a minimum of 5 working days, bring your confirmation page and copies of all applicable documents listed in the checklist below to the Financial Aid Office.
- IMPORTANT: Be sure all documents are copies of the originals. We will not accept any original documentation, no copies will be made on site, and all copies brought will become the property of the Financial Aid Office.
- The Financial Aid Office is located inside the Charles A. Jones Career and Education Center at 5451 Lemon Hill Avenue, Sacramento, California, 95824. Clients are seen on a walk-in basis only in room 120 on Monday-Thursday 10:30 am – 3:30 pm and closed on Fridays.
Financial Aid (Pell Grant) is available for those students who meet Federal guidelines.
Programs require a high school diploma or equivalent (GED® or HiSET®). Sufficient knowledge of the English language, reading, and math skills to be able to understand textbooks, manuals, and related materials unless otherwise noted. Additional prerequisites may also apply.
Financial Aid Checklist
Bring these items to the financial aid office after you have been approved for financial aid.
- Approval letter from the United States Department of Education or e-mail confirmation if you applied online (Optional)
- Copy of government-issued photo ID (2 copies if you are also applying for a student loan).
- Copy of Social Security Card (2 copies if you are also applying for a student loan).
- Copy of Alien Registration card (white card) proof of citizenship (2 copies if you are also applying for a student loan).
- Copy of high school diploma, high school equivalent, or transcripts (2 copies if you are also applying for a student loan).
- Printed Charles A. Jones assessment test scores
- ONLY IF your “LINK to IRS” on the FAFSA application was unsuccessful: Copy of student’s (and/or spouse, if married) 2022 tax return transcript(s) or Verification of Non-Filing Status Letter. NOT copies of the actual tax return. To obtain a transcript go to www.irs.gov or click here, call 1-800-908-9946 and follow voice prompts, or go to their office at 4330 Watt Ave.
- ONLY IF your parent’s “LINK to IRS” on the FAFSA application was unsuccessful: Copy of parent’s 2022 tax return transcript(s) (if dependent status) or Verification of Non-Filing Status Letter. NOT copies of the actual tax return.
- Copy of 2022 untaxed income verifications such as: child support, worker’s compensation, disability, SSI, unemployment, veteran’s benefits, first-time homebuyer’s tax credit, etc. (full 12 months).
- Family verification worksheet 2023-2024 (provided by the school).
- Identity and Statement of Education Purpose (provided by the school).
- Signature page – PELL requirements (provided by the school).
- Status of information letter for selective service (1-888-655-1825).
If you have questions about student loans, financial aid, or about any of the items listed above, please contact our financial aid specialist by email at: email@example.com.
For issues with your online application call 1-800-433-3243.
The Financial Aid Office hours are Monday – Thursday 10:30 am – 3:30 pm, and closed on Fridays. This office is open on a walk-in basis only.
For more detailed information on any of our programs, visit our Career Center or browse our online program catalog.